Tuesday, March 29, 2011

They've Stuck With Me

I've been listening to old music and such and I just thought I'd make a post about the few songs that have stuck with me over the many years that I've started to listen to more varieties of genres than country. Funny eh? :P

Broken-Seether Featuring Amy Lee
This song has seemed to always stick with me and is an emotional heart string puller for me. I love the rythme, I love the vocals, I love everything about this song. It even sounds amazing live. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqd2FJF8-h8&feature=related

Hero/Heroine-Boys Like Girls
I still listen to this song from time to time. I remember I use to kill my ears with this song, then again I always blarred my music back then.

Sorry-Buckcherry
Oh Buckcherry I just love your music. Especially this song. Even after I danced with a certain someone to it, I still love the song Sorry. But I think i mostly dedicated this song to my family life, but only certain parts; 0.0 only certain parts people!

December-Collective Soul
Oooohhhh this song was one I listened to a few times when my dad and mom were still together. It took me years but i found it again and I listen to it whenever I feel mellow. Its catchy and beautiful. Reminds me of the days when my parents were still together. Everytime I listen to it I can remember driving in that old white and black mazda, late night from visiting someone. Even the smells of that old car are still fresh with me. No one can really go back to those times, but this song helps me go back; even if its for a short period of four minutes and forty-eight seconds.

When Love and Hate Collide-Def Leppard
Alright, back when I was starting to become introduced to more types of music, Def Leppard was one of the few things I'd started on. And this song can also be related back to a very old story I wrote which is long gone and probably deleted. I did print out a copy but I lost that. It was my first eighty page story too. It was back when I use to write fanfictions about anime characters >.> yeah.... But it was between my OC and one certain character that Phil probably remembers...british :P

Not Ready to Make Nice-Dixie Chicks
After a while this band was one of the few country bands I listened to. I loved this song the most on that album I got for christmas because, once again it related to my home life. I was tired of trying to make nice with my dad and his girlfriend. I was an angry child back then and it's only been since last year that I'm starting to get along well with my dad and somewhat with his girlfriend...that's about eight..nine years? Yeah that's a pretty long time...Anyways this song helped me vent a little just by listening to it when I was visiting his place years ago. I think I'm ready to make nice now:P

Ride the Wings of Pestilence-From First to Last
I remember this song back in grade nine when Phil had introduced me to this band, I'm sure she did because I don't think I'd be able to find this band :| Anyways I remember in grade ten just randomly bursting into song on the way to the pizza place in our town. And I remember my many many MANY failed attempts and trying screamo out...sigh, good times..:P

All Black-Good Charlotte
I heard this song in grade nine and looked EVERYWHERE for this song, finally found out who sang it and bought the album. I can't remember who said it was whom's theme song, either Phil or myself.

Lips Of An Angel-Hinder
As always Phil was surely the first to hear this song and I was the second, what can i say I lived in a box most of my childhood:P. But I found out a few years later that my dad liked Hinder too. (As I said above I didn't have much of a great relationship with my dad for a few years but once in a while we'd get along) I can say that this song is the reason I have two of their albums now.

I'm Not Okay (I Promise)-My Chemical Romance
>:D one of the few handfuls of music I got into in high school. It started with Phil showing me a picture of the lead singer Gerard Way, and then me listening to Famous Last Word and I was hooked. I still have one of their albums on my phone and listen to them. But this one, out of a few others, is my favourite.

What Hurts the Most-Rascal Flatts
Rascal Flatts was the other country band I listened to when I was listening to Dixie Chicks. This song actually has a meaning that made me want to cry for a while listening to it. I dedicated this song to the first horse I had, Sally, the one I lost a few years later. She had lamintitis and a fever. She was sick and we didn't know exactly what was wrong with her. She was old too, so when she was put down I listened to this song and it seemed to fit well with the situation and for a while each time I heard this song I would start crying as I sang along.

Superbeast-Rob Zombie
My dad introduced me to Rob Zombie and he was also the artist that I used for my handmade stamp in grade nine.

And that's all of them really. These are the songs that stick with me, not just because they're good, but because a few have meaning and memories tied to them. Memories that I long forget about until I listen to that song and it all comes flooding back to me. Heck if I started listening to the Barbie girl song I'd get flashbacks of going to school in that old black and white mazda back in grade two, smell the rain, feel the chill, see the grey skies.

~Raven~

No comments:

Post a Comment