Sunday, March 3, 2013

Busy Week/Weekend

I totally forgot to update this thing, geeze! ^.^'

My only explanation for the infrequent posting is that between work and going to the barn I've been too exhausted to really open up Internet Explorer (which is not what I normally use, but blogger won't cooperate on FireFox) and type anything is past week.  So I sit here now, after just getting back from the barn this frosty afternoon, to tell you a little about what I've been up to as of late.

Last weekend was full of trail rides (Don't remember if I mentioned them so I'm just going to go over this entire week and last weekend).  Of course on Monday I ran into a tree.  Which only happened because Apollo squeezed between the trees, but I was paying more attention to how he was going down the hill rather than where my knees were places and whacked it hard off a nice sized tree.  Let's say hard enough that I thought I shattered my knee cap until we got back and found that I had scrapped it and bruised it under the knee cap.  Now that was Monday's adventure.

I caught him taking the reins off the post and dropping them on the ground.



Thursday I didn't go because of that snow storm since our van's wouldn't have been able to clear the driveway.  But Friday I went out and had just a simple play day in the arena where I spent some time cleaning up the arena while Apollo followed along beside me.


My mom really knows how to take shitty pics of me -_-
 

 
 
This Saturday I spent about an hour desensitizing Apollo in the arena while the trainer worked with his half-sister at the same time.  Then I got up on him and rode around for a bit, even got him up into a jog!  Sadly no pictures from Saturday :/.
 
Then today I went out for about an hour and just fooled around in the arena with him. 
 
Tomorrow I'm going back out to ride again so hopefully I feel up to posting tomorrow before work :P
 
~LEB~



No comments:

Post a Comment